Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wisdom teeth & Aubry's hips

Well, it turns out getting my wisdom teeth surgically removed wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I didn't do anything dumb when I was waking up, anyway, like I was worried about. Ha! I was soo nervous going in. I remember the surgeon giving me like 5 shots in my IV & then finally he said "you're going to start to relax now" & I don't remember more than like a minute after that! I guess I was talking though, I made Richard give me a kiss before he had to leave the room. Next thing I knew, I was waking up & asking where my husband was. I remember I was pissed because my whole face was numb, & I didn't like that. & I wanted to see my teeth! haha!! And I wanted Richard. I must have asked for him 10 times before they let him come in the room. Then off I went! About an hour or so after, the numbing wore off where the teeth were missing from, & THAT hurt! But it was still numb up front, & I hated that!! But all in all, it really wasn't as bad as I expected. & I'm so happy they are finally out! Now if I could just eat normal! Maybe I'll lose some weight in this whole recovery time ;)
Aubry's appointment with the surgeon was Monday at 11:30. I went in with the worst thoughts in my head, of course. Because every time I have ever gone in that stupid place thinking positive I have left crying my eyes out! So I went in thinking that he was going to tell us she needed surgery. I was set on it. Richard probably thought the same thing. They did the x-ray, which to us looked good, like she would be fine if they were to take the brace off again, then they had us wait for the surgeon. It didn't take long before he came in. He was super nice & GREAT with Aubry. He told us her hips are at 26 & 29 degrees, (normal is 25) & that he never does surgery unless they are 35 or higher. He also said that with what hers are at, she should be fine to have the brace off in about 5 weeks & NO SURGERY!!!! =D Oh I wanted to do cartwheels!!! Richard & I were both EXTREMELY happy, as you can imagine!! So, it looks like our little princess is safe! Today we took her to have her brace adjusted, so it would stop rubbing on her thighs & leaving such awful marks & hurting her. They gave us a whole new brace. Same style, just one size up. The guy also stitched extra Velcro on so that the foam wouldn't slide around like it did before. & No part of the straps touch her legs now, so there should be no problems. She can't walk as well in this one, her legs are further apart. But she will figure it out, I have no doubt in my mind. We are just so so so happy that she does not need surgery!! <3 Well, I think that is all for the updates for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment