Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Can I just have some sugar, please?

My best friend Stephanie & I are doing a no sugar, low carb diet. Her boyfriend is doing it also, but she is my person, so she is who I will talk about. :) Yes, my person. Like Grey's Anatomy. We are cool like that. While she might live 4 hours away from me, and I might not be able to see her nearly as often as I would like, we can still do things like this and support each other. She is probably doing better at this than I am, because she is better at the healthy/dieting stuff. BUT...I am giving it my all. Granted, we are only on day 2. We have been texting each other every day and keeping each other motivated. She is AWESOME! Yesterday sucked! We both felt nauseous, and were...well, bitchy. I know I was anyway. But we still pulled through. Today is a little easier, but not by much. I am a candy & carb JUNKIE! So this is really, really hard! All I want is some effing CANDY! Yes, I am that worked up about it. Yesterday we both said we felt like people going through detox. HA! How awful does that sound? We also pigged out on crap food for a few days before we started, so I'm sure that doesn't make it any easier. It is really hard, and it is a big change. But when we reach our goals we will feel amazing!! And I know I can do this not only because I want it, but because I have someone doing it with me. It would probably be easier if we lived closer and saw each other all the time. But we make due with what we have. Did I mention she is awesome?! :) At this moment there are m&m's in my fridge calling my name, along with Aubry's gummy fruit snacks in the cupboard...but I wont give in. As much as I want to! I will just text Stephanie and complain with her, and I will get through it. Here's to reaching our goals!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I love that we keep sending each other pictures to stay motivated. We are good best friends! Stay strong. We have to finish what we started. Day 2 is almost over.

    ReplyDelete